Warning: file_put_contents() [function.file-put-contents]: Only 0 of 3283 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /home/asatru/www/15e896.php on line 41
Forum • Zobacz wątek - Localizing blótr

Localizing blótr

A place for guests who don't speak Polish
Ein Ort für Gäste die nicht sprechen Polnisch

Re: Localizing blótr

Postprzez Vrede » czwartek, 30 sierpnia 2012, 09:13

Bil, do You use only English language during the blót? Do You speak German, when you're at blót in Germany?
Vrede

Postprzez bil » poniedziałek, 3 września 2012, 18:27

Vrede napisał(a):Bil, do You use only English language during the blót? Do You speak German, when you're at blót in Germany?

It just depends. I'm not really hung up on using the 'correct language.' Were I to blót in Poland, I wouldn't do so in Polish since I only know one phrase and the names of a bunch of food.

When I blót in the USA, I often speak German-American which I'm rather fond of and have studied for the past 6 yrs. Fortunately, I can think in both Hochdeutsch and Deitsch -- Deitsch is easier since it uses a lot of English loan words or it has developed grammatical structures to approximate some syntax and vocabulary common to both English and Deitsch like mittaus for 'without' or ferwas to mean 'why.'

Ex.: Deitsch: Hab iimmi Boi gliche eksept die Creambois. Eng: I always liked pie except for Creampies. Deutsch: Kuche habe ich immer gern gehabt außer Kremekuchen.

lewwe woohl un faahr mit de Gedder,
bil
lewwe woohl un fahr mit de Gedder,
bil
bil

Postprzez bil » poniedziałek, 3 września 2012, 18:36

So yesterday I had the first chili blót ever held in the USA. About 08:00 started the charcoal fire and periodically threw onto the coals handfuls of mesquite chips soaked in water. Mesquite grows here in abundance.

I roasted an entire bag (filled 21 quart-baggies) and held out 3 hand picked chilis for offering. When I was finished, I tossed the 3 chilis along with 2 tortillas onto the fire and the soaked the idol of Dunner with good beer. The skies clouded up and it rained a tiny bit (we are in the middle of a terrible drought and it wasn't supposed to rain at all). I again soaked the idol in thanks. I finished right around 13:00.

I made pictures but haven't uploaded any yet.

bil
bil
bil

Postprzez Vrede » wtorek, 4 września 2012, 07:54

Great! :-) When the blót is good, you can always see signs ;-)
I wish I could taste your chilli but I if you show me your pics I'll be glad as well :-)
Vrede

Postprzez bil » środa, 5 września 2012, 03:41

Vrede napisał(a):Great! :-) When the blót is good, you can always see signs ;-)
I wish I could taste your chilli but I if you show me your pics I'll be glad as well :-)

It was good for the past 3 days here, but the rain has been minimal. The signs are there but the land is not. We get our chilis, but that is all. We obviously have much work to do. ]:[ we will continue to work with it -- it seems to be a long lasting drought, but we remain here and we are supported. So long as we have our bags of chili, we are supported. We, heathens, love our land -- it is diffficult, but like the Hopis, Navajos, we are there. Dunner remains on our side.

bil ausme NM
bil
bil

Poprzednia strona

Powrót do International corner